Friday, August 7, 2009

The Straight and Narrow

So my car is finally fixed after a long full day of work. From best I can surmise (I had to look this word up immediately after I typed it...) the gaskets on my valve covers were old and crappy allowing oil to leak and get on my spark plugs which caused one to short and misfire causing it to overpower and kill my ignition coil? causing my car to stop haha. So my gracious uncle mike repaired the ignition coil mechanism thingy and wednesday I labored away fixing the rest with his careful humbling guidance haha. Anyways Alexandria (yes my car has a name), is running well again...she accelerates much faster now :). Anyways in response to my 2 votes on option #3 I'll throw some religion out here. So my uncle Mike is a man with an immense amount of mental energy and enjoys sharing it and his ideas, some of which got me thinking, especially about wisdom which I have spoken of often as something I search for. However I've become preoccuppied and lax, and that is unnacceptable. To be wise it must come from God alone, a man by himself is inherintly a fool, and I can't be wise away from God like I've been trying to do. ANYWAYS here's just a thingy from Proverbs 11:23-25
"To do evil is like sport to a fool,
but a man of understanding has wisdom.
The fear of the wicked will come upon him,
and the desire of the righteous will be granted.
When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more,
But the righteous has an everlasting foundation."

This is basically what I'm trying do right now. As my mom has said to me time and time again "Just do whats right and good things will start happening to you." This doesn't mean that bad things won't happen, because they are happening and I could just as easily be miserable right now, but I've made the decision to succeed and to be happy, and ya know what its working amazingly. Who would've thought i could have a great day waking up at 6am and working on my car til 8pm and having to call in to work and not make it cause my car wasn't done yet? Its all perspective. I understand my Alexandria so much better now hahaha.

peace and love,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment